7.01.2014

blog swap number two



I was happy to be prompted by a few blogging friends recently to get the ball rolling with the summer swap.  once it was clear that the first one was a great success (aside from a couple people who dropped the ball and never sent their swap stuff out and a handful of folks who just couldn't quite make blogging regularly happen, which is totally okay except that it makes it hard for your partner to get to 'know' you) I put it out there that I'd be hosting another one come summertime.

well.  it is summertime, folks.

so..... who's in?  if you participated in the last swap (and are not one of the people who just forgot to follow through) you know the drill already and are most cordially invited to participate again.  just email me or leave a comment letting me know you are interested and I'll confirm with you personally once I've added you to the list.  for those of you who missed out on the last one, please follow the links below to get some more information about the way I manage the swap and what kinds of things we will be swapping.  this swap is geared towards *generally utilitarian and/or edible items*.  the items must be homemade/handmade/homegrown by YOU.  widely appealing and useful things encouraged.  there will be the opportunity to address personal allergies/preferences before I assign swap partners.  also, you will send an item or items to one person (who will not know your identity until you send the package) and you will receive an item or items from another person (whose identity you will not know until they send you your goodies).  so- if this sounds like something that may tickle your fancy, check out the links below (really, even if you think this sums it up alright, please check them out because there's a bit more info there) and let me know via email (which can be found up above under the contact bar) or a comment in this post.  when letting me know you'd like to participate, PLEASE supply me with both your email and physical addresses.  last time we had nearly 70 people participate, and I am considering cutting it off at a bit less this go around, maybe 40 or 50.  but we'll see.  also- I am sorry but due to shipping costs and such I am keeping it stateside again, so US residents only, with the exception of any Canadians who would like to swap with fellow Canadians.  I will organize that as well, we'll just need an even number of you northern folks to sign up to make it work.


LINKS:

:: Blog Swap Details
:: participating bloggers from the february swap
:: how it all played out

:: swap article for Grounded Magazine


and there you have it!

40 comments:

  1. I'm in! It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it all again.
    Thanks Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely in! I had so much fun with the last one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to participate in the swap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful, Cedar! can you please email me with your email and physical addresses? thanks!

      Delete
  4. You are so wonderful to be organizing this again, and special thanks for thinking of us Canadians. I am in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! spread the word to get more Canadians on board if you'd like- there are 4 of you so far.

      Delete
  5. Me, me, me! It was so much fun last time, and I would love to do it again. Already thinking of some possible package items :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you made all of that incredible soap last time, right? so glad you're playing along again!

      Delete
  6. I'm in! I loved giving and receiving last time!! (remmus26@gmail.com)
    xoxo!
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. excellent~ so glad you're joining in again, Summer!

      Delete
  7. Oh I'm in!! I had so much fun with the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes me too! I so enjoyed putting together my things last round! Will email you with my physical address.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be my first swap - I'm excited!
    lifewiththecrew@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great- so glad you're participating! I'll email you in a bit to get your physical address for the swap~

      Delete
  10. Since it's summer, and Tracey has been blogging about this in her blog, I wanna participate. kepaniecreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also read about your swap on Tracey´s blog and yes my first thought was I would love to participate unfortunately Denmark is not a part of US nor Canada ;-)
    I hope you will do a swap for all one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Mette! I'd love to host one that included everyone far and wide~ I guess I've just worried that it may be cost prohibitive for some depending on where their swap partners are what with international shipping rates varying so widely. I bet you could host one in Denmark!
      cheers,
      Amanda

      Delete
  12. This sounds like a wonderful wonderful idea! I would love to participate. (I live in Canada.) alexa.ishac@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexa! I got your email~ thanks much for sending along all of your info, that makes it super easy on me!

      you're on the list!

      Delete
  13. I'm in. Would love to do this again. Also, I'll be at market this Saturday if you guys come by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! we ended up sleeping in and then yard-saling this morning looking for furniture. hope to see you at market again soon though- I'm LOVING that rose soap and need to grab some more!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a good weekend!

      Delete
  14. Would love to participate again! Thank you so much. :) Lisa

    happyindolevalley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to participate. :) my blog is knittedtime.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaimie can you email me with your physical address and email address so that I can add you to the swap list? thanks!

      Delete
  16. I'm in- doorbellsandsleighbells@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please count me in!

    kjramstack at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would have happily joined, a gorgeous ideas, but I'm soooo far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'd love to be able to host an international one some day.... I wonder how the shipping rates would be for such a thing, though I suppose it'd probably just vary widely...... cheers from way over here in NC!

      Delete
  19. I found this swap from Tracey's blog ... if you still need an additional person, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wonder if I'm too late, but if you need another Canadian to "even" out the swap let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~