11.04.2014

RADLSNAC



(papa thinks perhaps this picture and the title of the post need some explanation, but I reckon it's kinda self-explanatory.  but, in case not: presented with the above 'activity sheet', she turned it into a rattlesnake, which she proceeded to sound out and spell on her own as "RADLSAC".  papa helped her with the "N", and thus: "RADLSNAC".  but I kinda bet you already knew that - at least the bit about it being a rattlesnake and all.)





this girl.  I mean, of course she drives me nuts sometimes.  that's just how it goes, right?  but more often than not these days, I want so badly to find the elusive, magical pause button of childhood and push it down as hard as I can.

because, gosh.  she just rocks my world.  big time.  I am, every day, amazed by her.  by her big heart and her precociousness, her humor, and so much more.



8 comments:

  1. she is wonderful and you are right to enjoy her and her world through her eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel best about my mothering when I get down on her level and let go of all the other 'stuff' I don't really need to be paying attention to.

      Delete
  2. Looking at the pictures reminded me so much of the enjoyment of being a mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do know just how much you enjoy your sweet girl Amanda. Now try not to blink too much, she'll be grown. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's exactly why I want to find that darn button, Tracey!

      Delete
  4. I did that the other day in whole foods. We were sitting down for a little snack after a 4 hour hike and I looked at my girls and it was such perfect moment. I wanted so badly to make it last all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love those moments. I like to think (and hope) that the majority of my memories as I age will be like stringing together lots of those very moments.

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~